1. Collection of information
a. Information collected through our website may include personal information about you (including identifiers, as set out in s 2 below).
b. For example, personal information may be:
i. Provided by you through registration on our app;
ii. Provided to us by you through any other method (such as through correspondence and discussions)
iii. Collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of our app, including the tracking of the content you access and any of our services you utilise; and
iv. Collected by us through log files or cookies (as set out in ss 3 and 4).
c. Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in us not being able to provide you with our services on this app. This is because we use this information to form a highly personalised system of guidance and recommendations to assist you in your use of our services. We may also collect aggregated information generated by our systems, which tracks traffic to our app but does not relate to you personally (see s 6 below).
Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the app (such as your IP address, location, browser type and username) will be recorded when you log in to our app. This information may be used to identify you.We will treat this information as personal information.
3. Log files
We may use log files in order to enhance your experience on our app and to analyse trends. Log files gather information, such as which URL you just came from, which URL you visit next, what browser you are using and your IP address. This information is used to analyse trends and to administer and operate our app.
[Note: users who log into our website also have their IP address recorded. An IP address can be used to identify a user; however, we will treat this information as personal information.]
Our app uses temporary cookies to keep a session open after a user logs in. We may use the information we obtain from the cookies in the administration of our app and to improve the usability of our app. Some browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. However, this may have a negative impact on the usability of our app.
5. Other Information
We will have access to and may use other information, such as number of users, traffic patterns and demand for the service, for the purpose of monitoring server and software performance as well as for our other internal purposes. We may also collect information about all system interaction with users while they are logged in. This information is owned by us and may be used to verify actions taken by a user or to better understand the behaviour of users in order to improve our website.
6. Use of information
The personal information you provide may be used by us (and our employees, Officers, agents, contractors and affiliates as defined below) for the following purposes:
- For verifying your identity for use of our website, to conduct address – verification or credit checks for invoicing and billing purposes and to enrich your profile and search ability;
- To assist in providing better services to you by tailoring the services to meet your needs;
- To provide you with further information about us or other websites or apps, goods or services offered by us or our related companies or which we consider may be of interest to you;
- To carry out marketing, promotional and publicity purposes (including direct marketing), market research and surveys;
- To keep our website and app relevant and of interest to users;
- To show you advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests;
- For analysis in aggregate form (with identifiable characteristics removed so that you will remain anonymous); and
- For any other purpose which is stated to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise.
7. Information sharing and disclosure
a. In relation to personal information we:
- May disclose information about you, including your personal information, to our affiliates (which means any person or other entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us) for the purposes set out in the above paragraph
- May disclose information about you, including your personal information, to our contractors and suppliers to enable them to provide services and products to us in relation to our website, including transaction processing services, hosting services and support services.
- Reserve the right to disclose your personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, facilitate court proceedings or protect our ]
b. Information collected through our website that does not identify users is owned by us and may be disclosed by us. We may share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our affiliates, partners and
8. Advertising and third-party links
9. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of your personal information. However, due to the nature of email and the internet, we cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of your personal information. When you provide us with personal information, that information may be collected, stored and processed on servers located outside of New Zealand.
10. Access and correction
Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have rights of access to, and correction of, personal information that we hold.
11. Opting in and opting out
12. Business transitions
13. Users outside New Zealand
The information we collect may be processed in and transferred between your location and New Zealand. New Zealand may not have equivalent data protection laws to those in force in your location. As the MySkilledMate Website and App is only currently registered in New Zealand, you agree that your privacy will be governed under the jurisdictions of the laws of New Zealand, specifically the Privacy Act 1993, and the applicable privacy laws of the other countries MySkilledMate is registered in. We note that for users in the European Union (“EU”), New Zealand has been listed as having ‘EU adequacy’ status, which means New Zealand’s privacy standards are acknowledged as being adequate for the EU.
14. Linking and advertising
We include links to third party materials (Linked Sites) on our website as well as advertising. Advertisers or Linked Sites may ask you to provide information. We do not have control over the privacy policies of Linked Sites or advertisers.
Further requirements and limitations of liability about Linked Sites are set out in our website terms and conditions.
16. Contact details
email – email@example.com
Phone – 0800 628 301